When buying a new furnace or air conditioner, its best to ensure that you ask the right questions. This will help assist you with making a decision that’s right for you. Here are 10 questions to ask.
- What size and capacity of air conditioner / furnace does my home require? It’s best to know the size of the area you are trying to heat or cool.
- Is the HVAC installation company bonded and insured? Make sure that your quote has this in writing.
- Are there any HVAC technologies that would be better for your home? Homes today can benefit from the likes of ductless systems, remote controlled thermostats and a variety of other new technologies.
- Does the HVAC supplier include a maintenance / service contract in the quote? This can help ensure that your units are always in top condition and can save with unexpected expenses.
- Can the existing ductwork be used for the new installation? It often can as long as it is in good condition without leaks.
- Are there tax credits or rebates offered on new air conditioner and furnace installations in your area?
- What are the available options in terms of better energy efficiency? Check the unit’s energy efficiency rating and talk with the HVAC professional about how this will affect your utility bill.
- Are there any authorizations or permits required by the local authorities before an installation can take place? If any permits are required, leading HVAC installers can usually handle them for you.
- Is there a satisfaction guarantee offered on the unit itself as well as the workmanship involved in the actual installation?
- Will the HVAC installer fully remove the old unit, take it away and handle all clean up? It’s best to check first as this can save you time, money and potential frustration.
These are just a few common questions that customers seeking out a new furnace or air conditioner should be asking. Unfortunately, they often don’t and get caught with inferior quality systems and installation services.
Call Langton Mechanical about a new furnace / air conditioner installation, maintenance and repairs
At Langton Mechanical we focus on presenting our clients with quality air conditioners and furnaces. For a FREE in home consultation , please contact us via email or phone 905-312-9644 today.